Radon test kits can be purchased right here in our office.
Radon Levels in Utah
According to the Utah Department of Environmental Quality, more than a third of all Utah homes test high for radon gas. Radon has been found in homes all over the Salt Lake Valley, Provo to Ogden, Park City to Heber, Logan and throughout the entire state. Some of the highest levels in the state have been found in Beaver and Bluffdale. Our geology of creates an increased likelihood for radon gas because of the uranium content and porosity.
It's easy to test for radon in Utah:
- Buy a radon test kit online or in our Sandy office.
- Keep your house in closed house conditions for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Place the tests in lowest livable areas for 3-7 days.
- Send the kit back to the independent radon measurement lab for analysis.
- Receive your results via email and regular mail.
- Your results are confidential. Air Chek® lab does not sell your results to third party companies.
What to do with the radon results:
- If radon levels measure low consider a long-term radon test kit to factor seasonal differences.
- Radon levels can be different during the seasons. Re-test for radon gas during the summer and winter.
- If your radon levels measure high, consider having a radon mitigation system installed in your home.